We refer to portfolio as a group of federal organizations, usually within a similar sphere of interest, that report to a Minister, or to Parliament through a Minister.
In addition to the Department of Canadian Heritage, which is charged with the development of laws and policies, the Canadian Heritage Portfolio comprises an important number of organizations active in the fields of arts, heritage, audiovisual and human rights.
The Canadian Heritage Portfolio also includes three organizations active in human resources which report to Parliament through the Minister.
- Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission
- Library and Archives Canada
- National Battlefields Commission
- National Film Board of Canada
- Canada Council for the Arts
- Canada Science and Technology Museums Corporation
- Canadian Broadcasting Corporation
- Canadian Museum for Human Rights
- Canadian Museum of History
- Canadian Museum of Immigration at Pier 21
- Canadian Museum of Nature
- National Arts Centre
- National Gallery of Canada
- Telefilm Canada
Human resources organizations
- Public Servants Disclosure Protection Tribunal
- Public Service Commission
- Public Service Labour Relations and Employment Board
- Date modified: