Development of Official-Language Communities Program
Service Delivery Standards for this funding progam.
The Development of Official-Language Communities Program is designed to foster the vitality of Canada's French and English-speaking minority communities and enable them to participate fully in all aspects of Canadian life. Through partnerships and agreements with community organizations, provinces, territories, municipalities and federal departments and agencies, this program enhances the capacity of official-language minority communities to have a greater access to quality education and different programs and services in their language in their communities.
- Community Life
- support provided directly to communities;
- assistance to the provinces and territories for the delivery of services in the language of the minority;
- summer employment under Young Canada Works;
- community development through arts and culture.
- Minority-Language Education
- assistance to the provinces and territories for teaching in the minority language;
- granting of bursaries and monitor positions for improving first-language skills; and
- funding of activities in support of minority-language education.
- Date modified :